Internet and Telephone Voting >
Alternative Voting Method
The voting method for the Town of Cobourg Municipal Election will once again be conducted using Internet and Telephone voting. During the voting period, electors will be able to vote remotely using their own devices in the comfort of their home or at a Voter Help Centre located in various areas around Cobourg.
Internet and Telephone voting will be available for all eligible voters within the Town of Cobourg from Friday, October 14, 2022 at 9:00 A.M to Monday, October 24, 2022 at 8:00 P.M.
Advantages of internet/telephone voting
- Less travel.
- Removal of time constraints.
- Improved accessibility for persons with disabilities or people who are ill or away from home.
- Convenient and accessible voting during a time of uncertainty (the pandemic).
- Fast and accurate election results.
- Uses the latest technological and security advances ensuring confidence in the integrity of the voting process.
Internet/telephone Voting background
- Town of Cobourg has been using this voting method since 2006.
- This method of voting has been used in Ontario for more than 10 years.
- Over 150 of Municipalities in Ontario utilized internet voting during the 2018 municipal election or 42.3%.
- Users of online voting identified that they found the method to be easy, simple, straight forward, convenient and private.